Thursday 4 March 2010

Band Meeting


So I'm a big fan of Flight of the Conchords 'New Zealand's 4th Most Popular Folk Parody Duo'. www.flightoftheconchords.co.nz
Incase you've never heard of these musical geniuses before, I'll fill you in.....

Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement make up this comedy duo who started out as a musical stand-up act but who now have their own series on HBO. The series sees them living in New York trying to break America, but with their one, slightly obsessed fan, Mel, things aren't exactly working out for them. They have band meetings with their hilarious band manager Murray who holds the meetings in his office at the New Zealand Consulate (his proper job) They regularly break into song and some of their hits include Hiphopopotomus Vs Rhymenoceros, Mutha'uckas and I Told You I Was Freaky. It is quite possibly one of the funniest things on TV.
Anyway, I'm drifting away from the point of this post, I found out via links on facebook that the Flight of the Conchords are TOURING!!! I was so excited to see they would be in London for 2 dates in May. The tickets went on a pre-sale this morning and although it was stressful(they give you a time limit on ticketmaster!) and although I was stood in front of my laptop in my pyjamas 10 mins before I was meant to drop my 4 year old off to pre-school, I've got them...tickets to see them at the London Hammersmith Apollo.
Proud? Me? Yes...proud as punch!
And were we late to pre-school? No, but I must have looked a complete mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment